171 Landon Lane, Orange VA 22960

  • $695,000


Neighborhood: None
Square Ft Finished: 3418
Square Ft Unfinished: 616
Elementary School: None
Middle School: None
High School: None

Property Type: residential
1st Floor Master Bedroom: yes
Directions: east on Main Street in Orange to left on Landon Lane to property on right
Newly elected to the National Register of Historic Places, Old Manse was built in 1868 by Rev. Isaac W. K. Handy, author of an acclaimed Civil War journal and Pastor of Orange Presbyterian Church. Frame construction with a standing seam metal roof, this is a lovely colonial situated on 46 acres inside the Town. The architecture is Greek Revival with Colonial Revival elements later added by Virginia Supreme Court Justice George Landon Browning. The lawn is defined by 100 yr old boxwoods, mature perennial gardens and trees. Children's bunk house, pool & barn to restore. Land is pasture and would lend itself to lots of agricultural uses. Springs, streams, spring-fed pond and mountain views. Superb Tax credits available for restoration.


Virtual Tour
Click here for tour

Want more details?


Directions:
east on Main Street in Orange to left on Landon Lane to property on right
View Map